Fares and payment
Paratransit fares are the same as for the STL’s regular service (see Fares). Transportation provided by the STL outside ville de Laval territory is double the price, however.
To know more, look at Bylaw CA-14 on the conditions regarding the possession and use of any fare issued under the authority of the Société de transport de Laval on its paratransit network. Consult Bylaw CA-14 in PDF format (available in French only).
You have four methods of payment to choose from: cash, paper paratransit tickets, monthly pass on OPUS card or virtual monthly pass
You’re an OCCASIONAL paratransit service user?
Cash and paper paratransit tickets are the best ways of paying your fare.
- Cash: Remember that you must pay the exact fare, as the driver doesn’t give change.
- Paper paratransit tickets: You may obtain tickets at a metropolitan ticket office or at one of our points of sale. They are valid only on the paratransit service network. Please note that it is a cardboard ticket, which may be used only for paratransit service.
You’re a REGULAR paratransit service user?
A monthly pass is the wisest choice, as it allows you to make an unlimited number of trips during the month of validity. You may download it on an OPUS card or opt for a virtual monthly pass.
You're aged 65 years and older?
Get the HORIZON 65+ fare.
Monthly pass on OPUS card
The OPUS card replaces the former monthly passes (the fares (tickets) loaded on the OPUS card aren’t valid on the paratransit network).You just show the OPUS card at the time of each of your trips in order to board one of our vehicles. You may obtain an OPUS card and load it with a monthly pass at one of our points of sale or at a metropolitan ticket office. Don’t forget to contact the STL’s paratransit service to have your OPUS card registered in order to protect it against theft, loss or breakage.
Virtual monthly pass
With a virtual pass, you travel without ever showing proof of valid fare. You pay your monthly pass by mailing us a cheque. As soon as we receive the cheque, we make a note on your file that your full payment has been made for that month and we notify the drivers not to ask you for any fare when they come to pick you up.
Here is the procedure for obtaining a virtual monthly pass:
- Prepare a cheque for the current amount of the pass and dated on the first day of the month for which you want your pass.
- Make your cheque payable to the Société de transport de Laval.
- Mark your name, file number and complete address on the back of the cheque.
- Mail the check to the address below:
Société de transport de Laval
Service de transport adapté
2250, avenue Francis-Hughes
Laval (Québec) H7S 2C3
You may send us a series of cheques to pay for a number of months of passes. In this case, each of the cheques must be dated on the day of the first of each month for which you want a pass.
Did you know?
Regular transportation is automatically cancelled on legal holidays as well as between Christmas and New Year’s Day (December 27-30).
If you want to keep your regular transportation arrangements for a trip that must take place on one of these days, you must inform the Reservation Centre.
The hours of service for legal holidays are in keeping with the Saturday schedule: 8 a.m. – midnight. For the holiday period, December 27-30, the regular schedule will be in effect.
Here is the list of holidays:
- December 24 (the day before Christmas)
- December 25 (Christmas)
- December 26 (Boxing Day)
- December 31 (the day before New Year’s)
- January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- January 2 (the day after New Year’s Day)
- Good Friday (variable date)
- Easter (variable date)
- Easter Monday (variable date)
- Monday before May 25 (National Patriots’ Day)
- June 24 (Québec National Holiday)
- July 1 (Canada Day)
- First Monday in September (Labour Day)
- Second Monday in October (Thanksgiving Day)