You’re taking the bus for the very first time? Here's some information that will definitely prove very useful to you.
How to choose a bus route to get to my destination
You have two options:
- Use Navigo or Google Maps to determine the roads you will take and the bus routes that can bring you to your destination.
- In the Buses section, under Schedules and routes, select a public destination. You will then have access to the various bus routes that can lead you to that place. Once this step has been completed, you will be able to choose the stop that suits you best and access the bus route schedule.
Advice on using the bus for maximum comfort and security
Here are a few suggestions for your comfort and safety aboard STL buses:
- We recommend you arrive five minutes before the bus is scheduled in case there is a difference between your watch and the driver's.
- Do not stay seated in the bus shelter. Clearly signal your intention to get aboard the bus. In certain areas, there are many bus lines that pass through the same bus stop. That is why you have to confirm your intention to take the bus to the driver who passes by the shelter.
- Before boarding the bus, have your OPUS card in your hand, or the exact change, in order to board more easily.
- Don’t hesitate to tell our driver to wait until you are seated before he pulls out of the stop. He will do so insofar as possible.
- Don’t hesitate to ask our driver for information on your trip. He will help you as much as possible.
- Once aboard the bus, move to the back of the bus to make the boarding of new passengers easier.
- To get off the bus, use the back door.
- Use the yellow cords or the red buttons to signal you intention to get off the bus.
- If you are a woman, don’t hesitate to mention to our driver, in the evening, after 8 p.m., that you would like to get off the bus between two stops in order to be closer to your home. If the situation so allows, he will do so with pleasure.
- Rather than board the bus with a number of grocery bags, consider having your grocery order delivered to your home.
Tips on travelling by bus with baby and stroller
Here is a practical guide developed by 1-2-3 Go!, in cooperation with various partners including the STL, to making it easier to travel on a bus with a baby.