Did you know?
Why a chip card?
For our clients, the OPUS chip card makes buying and using bus fares easier. For transportation companies and organizations, it offers better control over receipts and it significantly reduces fraud. Everyone is a winner!
Where can I get an OPUS card?
Are you paying a regular fare?
Are you paying a student or reduced fare?
You will have to go to one of the two metropolitain ticket offices with your duly filled out reduced and student fares form. An employee will take your photo and issue your OPUS card which will be automatically registered. It can even be re-issued to you with the number of fares it contained if it was lost, stolen or broken.
Where do I top up?
How do I top up my OPUS card?
You can top up your OPUS card at the Metro attendant's booth, at a metro ticket office or at any of the STL's points of sale. The automated fare dispensers located at Metro stations and at commuter train stations can also be used to top up your card. You can top up your OPUS card fares by paying with your debit or credit card. Some of the automated fare dispensers that also accept cash payments. The STL fares are for sale at the dispensers located at the Cartier, Montmorency and Le Carrefour Terminuses.
Don't forget to keep your receipts when you top up your card with fares. Your receipt is your proof of purchase and it can be used to receive a federal tax credit for monthly public transit passes. We strongly recommended photocopying your receipt because some of the machines use thermal ink which can fade over time.
What do I do if my card is defective?
If your OPUS card is defective, please visit one of the two metropolitain ticket offices to have it checked.
What do I do if my card is lost or stolen?
In case of loss or theft (OPUS photo or registered), you must go to a metropolitan ticket office with a piece of identification, in order to obtain a new card for which you will pay the costs ($ 6 or $ 15) , and valid titles will be returned to the new card. The lost or stolen card will be invalidated, so you will not be able to use it if you find it.
OPUS+ is an unlimited fare subscription. It allows you to travel using your OPUS card and take advantage of a range of advantages.
Once subscribed, you will receive your card at home and it is valid from the first day of your subscription. You can pay for your monthly pass by credit card or by automatic payment. Your OPUS card will therefore be valid throughout the year, and avoids having to line up at the beginning of the month to load your OPUS card with fares.
To manage your OPUS + subscription online, click here.
- You automatically receive your 12th mois gratuit when you purchase 11 consecutive monthly passes - a significant savings on the price of your monthly pass.
- You receive a receipt to be used for a federal tax credit.
- You automatically obtain the status of preferred client, giving you priority access to to other discounts and offers from the AMT and its partners.
- You can pay for your monthly pass by credit card or by automatic payment.
- You can ask the AMT to change your monthly pass and/or membership rate at any time by telephone or email no later than the10th day of the month preceding the end of the subscription month. You can also request a change to your Tram zone 1, Tram zone 2 or student fare for a regular fare.
- You can cancel your subscription at any time by telephone or email no later than the10th day of the month preceding the end of the subscription month.
- Your benefits include an OPUS card replacement in case of loss, theft or breakage according to the terms and conditions of your fare category.
Your OPUS card expires after 4 years.
To find out the date your card expires, visit www.carteopus.info.
Protecting and registering your OPUS card
The OPUS card replacement guarantee is a service offered to people who have registered their card. This allows us to restore unexpired fares if the card has been lost, stolen or broken
You can register your OPUS card at either of the two metropolitain ticket offices in Laval (Cartier and Montmorency Metro stations), on the Internet or by mail.
Did you know?
The OPUS + membership offered by the Agence métropolitaine de transport helps you avoid lines every month and you also receive a free month of travel as well as many other benefits. Take advantage of what it has to offer by signing up now! CLICK HERE for more information.