UPDATE: The service will be reinstated on line 52 from July 25th at 11:00 pm. The detour will no longer be effective.
Bus service will be disrupted as of June 17 due to major road work on Lévesque boulevard and Chemin du Bord-de-l'Eau, resulting in detours for buses 52 and 144.
Detour and shuttle for bus 52 — Lévesque Boulevard
Road work begins : June 17
Road work complete : July 25
Major road work is set to begin on Lévesque boulevard, which will be completely blocked off to traffic between Orbach and 9700 Lévesque.
Bus 52 will have to be detoured, meaning it will no longer be able to service the eastern tip of the island.
In order to reduce the resulting impact on riders, the STL will begin operating a shuttle service as of Monday June 17 to Thursday July 25.
Weekday morning rush hour:
- Departure from Théâtre du P’tit Loup (Saint-Mathieu chapel, located at 10585 Lévesque), bound for the Contant bus terminal, where you will be able to transfer onto Bus 52, bound for the Henri-Bourassa bus terminal. The shuttle will travel eastward along Lévesque, and westward along Des Mille Îles.
- Shuttle departure times: 4:50 a.m., 5:45 a.m., 6:45 a.m., 7:45 a.m. and 8:45 a.m.
- The shuttles will arrive at the Contant bus terminal 7 to 8 minutes prior to the departure times for Bus 52.
Weekday afternoon rush hour:
- Departure from the Contant bus terminal, bound for Théâtre du P’tit Loup.
- Shuttle departure times: 3:10 p.m., 4:10 p.m., 5:10 p.m., 6:15 p.m. and 7:10 p.m.
- Shuttle service provided by Taxi Coop. You must call Taxi Coop at 450 688-8700 for free transportation to the corner of Des Mille Îles and Montée du Moulin, where you will be able to transfer onto Bus 52.
There will be no bus service along the portion affected by the road work beyond the weekday shuttle service.
Public transit users living west of Théâtre du P’tit Loup are urged to take the bus at the corner of Lévesque and Duchesneau.
Detour for bus 144 — Chemin du Bord-de-l'Eau
Road work begins: June 17
Estimated duration: 16 days
Chemin du Bord-de-l'Eau will be closed off to traffic between Marineau and Montreuil.
This will result in a detour for Bus 144: There will be no bus service along Chemin du Bord-de-l'Eau between Larivière and Cléophas-Charbonneau / Samson.
Please use the bus stop along the detour that is closest to your usual stop. Riders will be able to get on and off the bus at every stop, and also at the STL stops added along the detour:
For any questions regarding either detour or assistance planning your bus commute, feel free to reach out to our Customer Contact Centre at 450 688-6520.