- The STL’s fare structure is posted on all buses as well as at the various terminuses.
- The HORIZON 65+ bus fare allows Laval residents aged 65 and over to travel the STL network for free.
- Reduced fares are offered to seniors aged 65 and over who don't live in Laval or don't have the HORIZON 65+ bus pass. The same reduced fares are available for 12-17-year-old students and to children age 6-11, upon presentation of a valid OPUS card with photo ID. The transit user must have reached the required age by October 31 of the current year.
- Student fares are also available to students age 18-25 as of October 31 of the current year, upon presentation of a valid OPUS card with photo ID.
Family fare policies
Methods of payment
You have a choice of three methods of payment: cash, tickets or a monthly pass.
- Pay cash by putting the exact amount of money in the fare collection box. No change is provided and paper money is not accepted.
- Load your OPUS card with 8-trippers (blocks of 8 tickets) at the regular or reduced fare. A 90- minute transfer will automatically be coded on the card at the start of your trip.
- Transfer : When you pay cash or use a single ticket on your OPUS card, you can board a second bus route for free by using your transfer. This transfer is valid for 90 minutes and cannot be used on a second trip on the same bus route.
- When you pay for a ticket using cash aboard one of our buses, you must ask the bus driver for a transfer in order to receive it.
- An STL tripper is not valid in the Metro.
You are allowed to use a single ticket to transfer and board a second bus route for free. This second trip with the same ticket can be done without any additional fee. However, this transfer, does not apply to a second trip if you are usinge the same bus route.
- A monthly STL pass or a metropolitan pass (TRAM) allows you to take an unlimited number of trips during the month of validity.
- A monthly STL pass is valid throughout the STL’s network.
- A monthly metropolitan pass (TRAM) provides access to territories served by the following public transit corporations: STL, STM, RTL, AMT.
- Monthly passes are generally on sale starting on the 20th of the month preceding the month of validity and until the 15th of the current month of validity. These passes may be purchased at one of the approximately 50 points of sale spread throughout the Laval territory as well as all the fare vending machines at Cartier and Montmorency terminuses.
- At metropolitain ticket offices, you can buy your monthly fares as early as two months in advance (for example, a December monthly fare is available from September 20 to December 15).
Did you know?
The OPUS card is the practical, useful and secure way to take public transportation
With your OPUS card by your side you can travel throughout Laval and the greater Montreal area, whether you are travelling by bus, Metro or train.
You can top up your OPUS card with different types of fares. For example, you can purchase a monthly STL pass and eight STM tickets or a TRAM Zone 3. No matter where you are and wherever you have to go, you can use the same OPUS card to get there.