Special fare $1
From June 1 to Labour Day
Reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions is one of our key objective. We are actively invested in the fight against air pollution by making firm commitments and by taking decisive actions.
From June 1 to Labour Day, whenever Environment Canada issues a notification of poor air quality, we will offer single fares at only $1 for the next day, throughout the regular network of buses and collective taxis. Implemented in 2008, this initiative is unique in Canada.
By offering Laval’s transit users a reduced fare, we are directly improving air quality by encouraging people to take public transit.
Stay informed about smog alerts
Upon reception of a smog alert from Environment Canada, we start our notification process by means of:
- Home page of STL’s website
- SMS alert to our subscribers (hyperlien subscribe to MA STL)
- Special newsletter to our subscribers (hyperlien subscribe to STL newsletter)
- Posts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (hyperliens)
- Electronic displays at bus stations, bus stops and in our buses
- Electronic billboards on highways in Laval
- STL’s Customer Contact Center : 450 688-6520