Bird’s-eye view of the STL
A bit of history
June 1971: The Commission de transport de la Ville de Laval (CTL) was established by Bill 124.
Before then, the following private transport companies operated public transit service in Laval:
- Autobus Mille-Îles (1967) inc.
- Les Autobus Yvan Lévis ltée
- Laval Autocar enr.
December 1984: The Société de transport de Laval (STL) was set up.
The STL today
All of Ville de Laval, the third largest city in Québec, covering 245.84 km2 in area, with a population of nearly 420,000 residents (Source: Gazette officielle du Québec)
- 45 bus routes, covering a total distance of 1405 kilometres
- 2 710 bus stops
- 84 Synchro displays
- 522 bus shelters
- 23 hours of daily service on weekdays and 21 hours on weekends
- More than 13 million kilometres travelled each year
- 529,140 hours of service per year
- 522,015 trips in paratransit vehicles and taxis
Did you know?
The STL has 872 employees.
The STL is an organization with experience and at your service!
|In 2015 our team included:|
|Engineering and maintenance personnel||110|
|Non-unionized office workers||138|
|Unionized office workers||62|
|Customer Service agents||7|